Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break 09

For Spring Break we headed up to Ohio to spend the weekend with Jake's parents on the farm. While we were there Jake played in his high school alumni basketball tournament and was the leading scorer on the team! (That's my baby!) We also went to Columbus on Sunday and listened to Elder Russel M. Nelson speak to the congregation in Central Ohio. It was a very uplifting meeting as Elder Nelson taught the Saints that everything we need to know we learn while we are in primary. It was a great review of basic gospel principles that will help us return to our Father in Heaven. He also had the children 12 and under stand and sing songs from the congregation including "I am a Child of God", "I Hope They Call me on a Mission", and "Follow the Prophet".
We always have fun with Duane and Sandy. They take such good care of us while we are there. We had a great steak dinner one night and just had fun playing board games and doing farm chores with them. Also, we went to our nephew Georgie's birthday party and watched him play in his soccer game. It was so nice to see our family. Alabama is fun, but we miss our family and close friends a lot. It was really nice to spend time with them.

1 comment:

Ferris Family said...

Elisa you cute girl! I found your blog on Anina's Blog. I had to add you. You are one of my favorite girlies from growing up. And you are all grown up. I still think of you as my cute little Elisa Nord. Well I'm so glad you are doing well.

April Anderson Ferris