Friday, March 27, 2009

Jake's Birthday!

Tuesday, March 24 was my birthday and Elisa made it one of the best ones ever! She surprised me all day long! When I got to school at 8am, she had decorated my work desk and covered it with cards, presents, and pictures of the two of us. Then, during my class at noon, she delivered cupcakes to my classmates and me.But the best part of the day was that evening as Elisa threw a surprise BBQ/bonfire for me! She told me we were just going to go out for dinner together, but then we showed up at our friends' house where everyone was waiting. We had a great time eating Sam's famous "Hirt Dogs" fresh of the grill. (If you've ever had J-dogs at BYU, these are just like those....delicious!) We all had a lot of fun just hanging out after dinner, opening presents, and roasting mallows and starbursts over the fire.Just in case anyone didn't know, I really did marry the #1 girl. Elisa constantly strives to make those around her happy. She is the most giving and unselfish person I have ever known. She makes me truly happy and I'm still trying to figure out what she sees in a dorky guy like me! I love her.

3 comments:

Kara and Tyler said...

Nice job Lisa!!!! And Jake, we are so sorry we didn't call, text, blog, or facebook you on your birthday!!! geez! We'll do lots better from now on! I'm glad that you had such a good one! Elisa is an amazing girl and full of cute and sweet ideas!! I'm so glad you two are so happy together. You both deserve it!!!

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! Looks like a good one. And yes, Elisa is awesome. Your pics kinda make me want to eat a dog. I'll have to see.

Jenn said...

ha ha you are a lucky guy! What a special one you got. Sounds like you had a great birthday!