Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jake the BBQ Judge!

Jake had the best time yesterday. One of his good friends signed him up to be a judge at a bbq contest. Thinking he would get to sample a little of the local food, Jake agreed. Little did he know he would be judging a national BBQ contest with hundreds of contestants from Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, Texas, and Louisiana! Jake judged BBQ chicken and pork. The contestants each brought their BBQ forward and Jake, along with the other judges, scored the meat on appearance, tenderness, and taste. Jake said he had never tasted better BBQ than he had on Saturday. He said he really enjoyed being "wined and dined" by the country boys, and might actually pay dues and take a class to become a nationally certified BBQ judge!

3 comments:

Kara and Tyler said...

What the heck! That is freaking awesome!!! Oh, and I got hang out with his dad/your father-in-law tonight! That was cool since I hardly get to see him. He sure loves you two! :) He thinks it's neat that I sorta brought you two together, and I told him how Elisa brought me and Ty together! ha, I guess I had to repay the favor eh? :D

Cortney said...

So your blog is freakin cute.. i have no idea what i'm doing with mine lol and i miss you!! i hope your doing great!

Whitney said...

Nice! That's awesome!!! Free food! ha ha That is a pretty cool thing, I wonder how I can sign up to be a judge for something like.... cake, or pie, or mmmm....chocolate :)