Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Awesone Job!


Here in Alabama I've had to put my school on hold. I was planning on going into Dental Hygiene so I tried to get a job as a dental assistant. Most dental offices had a full staff so I applied at an Oral Surgeon's office. I got the job! I've been working there for about three months now and it's been such a blessing. The Doctor I work for, Dr. Grady, really cares about his employees and takes good care of us. For example, I had only been working for about three weeks and he had taken us out for lunch at red lobster, to the movies, to a tail gate party where we got to meet the Auburn football team and the Auburn cheerleaders, and a he gave me three weeks off of work so that I could fly to Utah for Christmas. Right now at work I have mostly been assisting in surgeries, but I have also learned the receptions desk and am able to cover if the receptionist is ever sick. Next he wants me to learn how to bill people, schedule the surgeries and work with the different insurance companies.

2 comments:

Lyndi said...

That's AWESOME Lis! You and Jake are awesome too :) Love ya!

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

That sounds like a really sweet job! Hope you guys are doing good! Merry Christmas!